"I want to thank you for helping my family stop the foreclosure on our home. You did everything you said you would, like you said you would and we cannot thank you enough!" - B.H. and D.H. - New York

Kansas Foreclosure Law

If you are in foreclosure in the state of Kansas, we help stop foreclosure in Kansas. If you would like to keep your home and avoid foreclosure, UCMA offers foreclosure help in Kansas. For additional information, please click on our Home page, thank you.

Stop Kansas Foreclosure and Avoid Foreclosure in Kansas and Kansas Foreclosure Help Avoid Kansas Foreclosure - Quick Facts

- Judicial Foreclosure Available: Yes
- Non-Judicial Foreclosure Available: No
- Primary Security Instruments: Mortgage
- Timeline: Typically 120 days
- Right of Redemption: Yes
- Deficiency Judgments Allowed: Yes

In Kansas, lenders may foreclose on a mortgage in default by using the judicial foreclosure process.

Judicial Foreclosure

The judicial process of foreclosure, which involves filing a lawsuit to obtain a court order to foreclose, is used when no power of sale is present in the mortgage or deed of trust. Generally, after the court declares a foreclosure, the property will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

The notice of the time and sale must be advertised once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks, with the last publication being no more than fourteen (14) and no less than seven (7) days before the scheduled date of sale. Notice of the sale must also be sent to the borrower within five (5) days of the first advertisement.

Unless otherwise ordered by the court, the sale is typically held at the courthouse of the county in which the property resides. The sale is by public auction to the highest bidder, who will receive a certificate of purchase. After the sale is confirmed, the winning bidder will be entitled to receive a sheriff's deed, which will vest good and perfect title to the foreclosure bidder, once the borrowers right of redemption has expired. The borrower typically has twelve (12) months from the date of the foreclosure sale to redeem the property.

Lenders may sue to obtain a deficiency judgment for the difference between the foreclosure sale price and the amount due on the original mortgage. How to stop foreclosure in Kansas.

More information on Kansas foreclosure laws.

Stop foreclosure and get foreclosure help in the Kansas cities of Derby, Dodge City, Emporia, Garden City, Great Bend, Hays, Hutchinson, Junction City, Kansas City, Lawrence, Leavenworth, Leawood, Lenexa, Liberal, Manhattan, McPherson, Newton, Olathe, Overland Park, Pittsburgh, Prairie Village, Salina, Shawnee, Topeka, Wichita and the surrounding cities in Kansas.


Call 1.800.474.1407

Apply Online or click on Contact UCMA