"You told me you could help even though we got denied by our lender. My wife wanted to trust you, I am glad she did. Thank you sir, for helping us stop our foreclosure and keep our home." - R.K. and M.K. - Mississippi

Connecticut Foreclosure Law

If you are in foreclosure in the state of Connecticut, we help stop foreclosure in Connecticut. If you would like to keep your home and avoid foreclosure, UCMA offers foreclosure help in Connecticut. For additional information, please click on our Home page, thank you.

Stop Connecticut Foreclosure and Avoid Foreclosure in Connecticut and Connecticut Foreclosure Help Avoid Connecticut Foreclosure - Quick Facts

- Judicial Foreclosure Available: Yes
- Non-Judicial Foreclosure Available: No
- Primary Security Instruments: Mortgage
- Timeline: Typically 60 days
- Right of Redemption: No
- Deficiency Judgments Allowed: Yes

In Connecticut, lenders may foreclose on a mortgage in default by using the judicial foreclosure process.

Judicial Foreclosure

The judicial foreclosure process in Connecticut is carried out by either strict foreclosure or a decree of sale.

With strict foreclosure, no actual foreclosure sale is held. Instead, the lender goes to court to try and obtain a court order demonstrating the borrower is in default of the mortgage. If successful, the title transfers to the lender immediately.

However, the court sets an established amount of time in which the borrower may redeem the property, but if they fail to do so, the title becomes absolute to the lender and the borrower has no longer has any claim to the property. The lender then has thirty (30) days to record a certificate of foreclosure, which must contain a description of the property, the foreclosure proceedings, the mortgage and the date the title became absolute.

With a decree of sale, the court: 1) establishes the time and manner of the sale; 2) appoints a committee to sell the property; and 3) appoints three appraisers to determine the value of the property.

The borrower may stop the foreclosure proceedings at any time before the sale by paying the balance due on the mortgage. If no such payment is made, the committee will go forward with the sale. The lender may sue to obtain a deficiency judgment in Connecticut. How to stop foreclosure in Connecticut.

More information on Connecticut foreclosure laws.

Stop foreclosure and get foreclosure help in Connecticut and in Bridgeport, Bristol, Danbury, East Hartford, East Haven, Hartford, Meriden, Middletown, Milford, Naugatuck, New Britain, New Haven, Newington, Norwalk, Norwich, Shelton, Stamford, Stratford, Torrington, Trumbull, Waterbury, West Hartford, West Haven, Westport, Wethersfield and the surrounding cities in Connecticut.


Call 1.800.474.1407

Apply Online or click on Contact UCMA